Before we embarked on our Louisiana kitchen remodel we decided to document the process step-by-step. Here is a general list to give you an idea of the steps taken, in sequence, for a successful remodel. Share it with friends and family!
1. Design, Planning, and Demolition: a sketch on a cocktail napkin? Architectural plans? Got enough money? Apply for permits!
2. Sound Roof, Solid Foundation, tightly sealed Siding & Windows: you don’t want your house to collapse and you definitely want to stay dry.
3. Structural Carpentry: move walls, build new ones, punch in openings for new doors & windows, add structural support where needed.
4. Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing: This is the “guts” of the project, the part you don’t ultimately see, but the most critical element for a successful project with no hiccups. Prepare for the electrical & plumbing inspectors.
5. Insulation: installed into the walls & attic. This step goes FAST, so give your drywaller a heads-up to let him know that he’s next.
6. Drywall: the electrical inspector may give your contractor the go-ahead to close in the walls with drywall. After the drywall is hung, a wet compound is applied, then dries, then is sanded smooth for a seamless surface.7. Flooring: this comes later in the remodeling process to save your new floors from damage.
8. Windows: installation of new or replacement windows.
9. Fine Carpentry: trim at windows and doors, baseboards, molding, built-in bookcases, breakfast nooks, etc..
10. Finishing Touches: Wallpaper, interior painting and surface finishes throughout. These detail finishes should be the last thing you do indoors.
11. Siding, Gutters
When you’re looking for more answers about kitchen or home remodeling, Lake Jackson is home to the best craftsmen for the job. No job is too big or small — house floods, roof leaks, plumbing problems, sheetrock repair, insulation, painting (exterior/interior), siding, windows, doors and any improvements you may wish. We can handle all types of repairs for your home. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.